Gas Station Drinks and Snack Combo

Admin
0

 Gas Station Drinks and Snack Combo



What are your go-to gas station drink and snack combo?

I buy my gas at Costco because of the much lower price per liter (usually 6 cents below the retail price). There is no “shop” attached, there is nothing to buy except gas. One could go on to the Costco warehouse, but who wants to stand in line for half an hour to buy a hot dog?


  • What is your go-to gas station drink?
  • What is the best gas station snack combo?
  • Where do gas stations get their snacks?
  • What is one gas station snack you will never eat?
  • What is your go-to gas station snack combo?

I used to drive 45 minutes to work and back every day. I had eaten literally tons of gas station food. I had terrible digestion and was overweight. Now I am traveling around with my family full time and despite us driving a fair bit, we don't stop often at petrol stations. Now I don't eat any of that crap, I have lost about two stones (8kg) and have healthy digestion.

Just drive past and don't eat it. It is bad for you.

Get an electric car then you don't need to stop at gas stations at all.


What happens if you drink a small amount of gasoline?

What would happen if a person drank gasoline?

Holy crap! I did this!!! Not on purpose of course, but, yes, I personally have done this! So, there are about 6 - 8 of us sitting around in a buddy's garage. He is finishing off the final details of a motor replacement, music's playing, and we are all just shooting the shit and enjoying a few drinks. Our buddy speaks up and says he needed to pick up some gas before the station closed. 

I volunteer to go for him, gather up the jerry cans, finish off my cider, and head for the gas station. All goes well, I pick up a few items for home and leave them in the trunk. After I finish bringing in the jerry cans, I go stand back at the same table I was standing at before the gas station. I look down and see my cider bottle with what appears to be cider left in it I am at first puzzled and think to myself “ strange… 

I could have sworn I finished that off “ With a shrug of my shoulders, I picked up the clear bottle with the clear liquid in it. I put it to my mouth and chug back the remaining 3 or 4 gulps left. Before the bottle leaves my lips, I am doubled over and yelled in disgust. 

WTF! What was that!?! Buddy looks at me in horror and yells “ f**k! I just put gas in that! “ By this point, I am freaking out! Coughing, gagging, and asking him “Who does that!?! Who puts a clear liquid in a clear bottle when that is exactly what we are drinking!?!” 

While he is apologizing, the rest of us are trying to figure out if any of us know what to do next. They all come up with milk… I need to drink a bunch of milk. It just so happens that I bought a 4-liter jug at the gas station. Not feeling so well, I go to my trunk, get the milk and start guzzling it. That was enough for me, time for me to head for home, which is btw, about 45 mins away! Another friend suggests I don't drive. 

I take them up on it and they drive me home. Once home, I begin to throw up. What I am throwing up is nothing but straight gas. My roommate tells me I need to eat bread, so I proceed to eat bread. I am really not feeling well and my entire house wreaks of gas. I decide that I need to talk with someone who might actually know something… right!?? 

I call the poison control line. After all the initial stuff, the woman on the other end says “whatever you do, do not entice vomiting “ There is me, like WHAT!?!!! Lady… 

I have been vomiting for hours, straight gas! Well! After 3 days of smelling, tasting, burping, peeing and anything else you can imagine, gas, I finally felt gas-free enough to sit down and light a cigarette! 


Has anyone ever eaten food from a gas station and enjoyed it?

I have a soft spot for Sheetz. I know. I know. It is like a Wendy’s Gas Station or something. But the new ones? Oh jeez, they are the fucking Disney World of gas stations. The one on Pearl Road in Strongsville, Ohio (just outside Cleveland) should have a goddamned rainbow shooting out of it. 

The candy selection alone makes my naughty bits tingle (I am not saying I have bought a king-sized Fast Break bar, Outrageous bar, and a CrispyCrunchy bar and ate them all in one sitting … but I am not saying it, either).

Side note: We do have Wawa here which is a’ight, I guess. But it ain’t no Sheetz.

The “made to order” beefsteak sandwich with grilled onions, and cheddar on a pretzel bun is … oh man … so good. ANNNNND the deliciousness magically increases in proportion to your intoxication. Also, them fuckers have a friggin’ Menchie’s-like “serve-yo’-self” ice cream bar. When I went to my old Sheetz near my house and got ice cream, the cup mysteriously ends up being like 48lbs of ‘mixins’ and like a drop of ice cream on top. And a Coke Zero. Gotta’ lookout for the carbs.

Look fuckers. I have a sweet tooth like nothing you can imagine. I can polish off a jar of hot fudge or peanut butter in one sitting. OR both! At the same time, followed by Nutella smeared on anything left that’s not nailed down. A king-sized candy bar is like my lowest barrier to entry. On my one, free-to-forage-anything-I-like day (what I call, “Saturday”), 

I can eat my weight in brownies and peanut butter cups. Put a Boyer Smoothie bar in front of me? It is over. I had dropped human young into a wood chipper for those. Man, I wish I could get them down here in Florida. We are in what Socio-Biologists & Anthropologists call “a Boyer Candy Desert” and it is a huge ecological problem.

Like those grilled steak, french fry, and coleslaw sandwiches you get at Primanti Bros. or Panini’s Grill that taste somehow divine when you are wasted but if you try them sober, you think to yourself, “What the holy hell is this garbage and did I really eat all of this when I was drunk two weeks ago?”


What is one gas station snack you will never eat?

If you find yourself in a Texas convenience store, do not buy the pickled anything or hot dogs. These are death in a wrapper if your gut is not acclimated to their toxins. Eat stuff in sealed bags only after checking the date. If it has no date they probably washed it off. Ask yourself why.

None of that applies well to the chain called “Buckee's”. Their stores are magnificent temples to need. You go to Buckee's and you will want to be assimilated into the cult. Only too late will you recognize your addiction and doom. Drive friendly, the Texas way!


Where do gas stations get their snacks?

My father set up hundreds of gas stations and as a snacker and a smoker always paid attention to that profit center as well (generally much more profitable than selling the gasoline and oil, less profitable than vehicle repair and service work.)

It is always a mix of suppliers depending on whether the gas station is in a sizable city or somewhere far from suppliers.

A warehouse specializing in the small and diverse quantities that it then delivers by route drivers in its own trucks or vans is classic. That had been candy, nuts, tobacco, cookies, frozen snacks, jerky, gum, candy bars, etc….stuff sold steadily from very small displays or shelf allocations with a long shelf life.

Beverages are typically bought from and delivered by beverage bottlers or regional distributors. Fresh baked goods are generally coming from a regional industrial bakery like Sara Lee or Interstate Brands that also delivers them by their own trucks. Much of the chips will come via Frito-Lays’ regional distribution warehouse’s own trucks.

In many cities, they can buy from the very large regional warehouses that primarily supply grocery, discount, and chain stores or the parallel and overlapping warehouses that supply mostly restaurants.

Small, low-volume sellers such as gas stations will often restock at warehouse stores (Costco and Sam’s Club) for the lower prices, speed, and hauling it back to the store themselves.

I had expected a fair number are doing it online, via Amazon directly when you look at the store-ready displays and case lots sold there in candy and snacks. Not having to drive to a warehouse and load it oneself vs. having it arrive at your gas station’s back door would save several hours a week.


Is owning a gas station profitable?

Not in your life! To tell the truth and from what I understand, the profits go elsewhere other than the owners of the station dealer. If any at all, very minimal, and no gain. That is what I understand so, you would have to have other things that would be profitable over having a gas station.

Now, I will say that you should check things out and ask a few people who can tell you what it is like for them. Maybe they do get a little in profits but see for yourself. That is the only way you can truthfully and honestly find out. 

You pretty much have to be close to retail prices because of competition and competing companies in the neighborhood but it is a hard one to make if you are trying to feed a family as a businessman. 

It is all up to you to ask others, check it out more, explore options and research it out. Then and only then will you know whether it is a possibility. Good luck in your hopeful endeavor!


Do gas stations make more of a profit on gas or snacks?

Bob’s company owns gas stations.

Last year they sold 12 million gallons of fuel. The accounting department says they made a dime a gallon on fuel sales. The business also sells snack foods and the experts say food businesses make a profit of 50% on the food revenues.

Which part of Bob’s business is more profitable?


What is your go-to gas station snack?

Many years ago, I was a salesman working out of Casper, WY. I covered southern Wyoming from Cheyenne to Rock Springs. My drive home on Friday afternoons was long and tedious-the distance home was anywhere from 150 to 250 miles. My go-to snack on those long drives was a can of Fresca and a Hostess Cherry pie.

When I have a long road trip, my wife and I have Triscuits and canned cheddar cheese.


Which gas station snack has become a habit for your family?

NONE

We never buy snacks or convenience items from the gas station, or attached convenience store, as we make regular trips to the grocery store, buy our allotment of snack items for the week or month from there, and all of our beverages. I never leave the house on errands without taking a cold drink with me; a cooler if I will be gone several hours (or hot coffee in the winter).

On the off chance, I do get hungry while I am out, I treat myself to a sandwich or meal from a fast-food restaurant; we only eat from those a couple of times a month.

So we have no bad habits of paying elevated prices at gas station convenience stores.


What is your go-to gas station drink?

What is the best gas station snack combo?

Where do gas stations get their snacks?

What is one gas station snack you will never eat?

What is your go-to gas station snack combo?

What is your go-to gas station snack?

What is your go-to convenience store snack and drink combo?

When stopping at a gas station, what are your go-to foods/drinks?

Which gas station snack has become a habit for your family?

What is your go-to gas station in your area?

My mom’s boyfriend left my keys in the car at the gas station, and someone stole my car. Don’t they owe me a new car if they didn't buy the car that got stolen?

Is owning a gas station profitable?

What are your favorite snack and drink combo at the gas station mini-mart?

Do gas stations make more of a profit on gas or snacks?

What happens if you drink a small amount of gasoline?

Post a Comment

0Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.
Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn More
Accept !